Unfortunately, many of us have experienced the damaging effects of heat: very dry hair, split ends, breakage, etc. Minimizing the amount of direct heat you apply to your hair will help improve its overall health. Here are just a few ways to keep heat damage to a minimum:
1. Always, always use a heat protectant!
2. Use the lowest heat setting possible
3. If you are going to flat iron your hair, let it air dry if at all possible. This helps minimize the amount of direct heat applied to your hair!
4. Deep conditioning also helps protect hair from heat by improving the heat and condition of your hair
5. Wear protective styles. Protective styles are styles that protect your ends and keep manipulation to a minimum.
*If you have split ends, get rid of them! It's much easier and a lot healthier for your hair to do so than to keep mending them with temporary fixes!